Thursday, July 12, 2012

July 1: And the learning begins with a bang!

Okay - so I'm finally catching up with all my learning blogs!  Well I can certainly say that when it comes to learning, I have definitely learned that if I give myself a bit of a guilt free break I take full advantage of it.  My apologies to those few of you who actually want to know what's going on and haven't read anything in a while.  But you're about to get some catching up to do!

Lesson for July 1st: I need to remember that my centre of gravity has shifted since I was a young kid.

Remember way back when you were a toddler and used to ride on your Dad's shoulders to feel high up and it used to be so much fun.  Wasn't that so much fun?  Wouldn't you expect it to be just as much fun to ride on someone's shoulders again as an adult?  Well you might be wrong.

As Luke and I were watching the Canada Day fireworks in Victoria, I didn't really have the best view so I tried to stand on this railing to get a little higher up.  Then we thought it might be smart for Luke to put me on his shoulders so I could get an even better view.  Have I mentioned that Luke is 6'5" and that I have a fairly long torso?  As much fun as it was to be up there on someone's shoulders again, it was also ... let's just say wobbly.  Maybe if I had trained as a cheerleader and become used to those kinds of heights it wouldn't have been such a big deal.  But that's not the case.  So after only a matter of seconds and a few photos, I asked Luke to put me down and relieve him of the pain in his neck.

But at least I got some decent photos out of it.  Check it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment