Tuesday, July 03, 2012

June 22nd: At long last!

Six years ago, I started my work at Pacific Theatre as an apprentice.  That year a fellow apprentice, Tina Teeninga, was one of several playwright's who had the first reading for a new play at a workshop that fostered the work of emerging playwrights.  Her script was about the Luddites and their protest against the Industrial Revolution.  At the time it was called Luddites!  Six years, and several drafts later - it finally made it's way to the Pacific Theatre stage in a workshopped stage reading of Wolf At The Door.


I couldn't be more proud of her.  I wasn't actually at the original reading 6 years ago (hey - someone had to work the box office), but I was in several readings after the fact.  I can't explain how awesome it is to see a piece of art all the way from it's conception to its realization (or at least pretty darn close to it).  Thank you Tina, for a wonderful piece of art that is still relevant today despite taking place centuries ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment