Wednesday, July 04, 2012

June 30th: Family Time with the not-quite family!

On the last day of my one-year challenge, I had an absolutely amazing day.  In preparation for the long weekend, Luke and I decided to spend our time on the island.  We originally wanted to camp, but with the weather not being on our side we instead decided to change our accommodation plans and stay one night in Nanaimo with his family and then head to Victoria on Canada Day.

Generally when we stay with his family in Nanaimo it is very often just us with his parents, with a few short visits with his little sister as she is in between school and work.  But with his older sister getting married in only a month she also made her way back home with her fiance, which meant that we were actually able to have some good family time together.

And what better way to finish my last awesome blog with family.  Even if it's not mine!  And being able to do so on the island is that much better.  What an awesome, awesome year.  I'm sorry I didn't post every single day, but at least I got every day in.

And I have news: I don't want to stop this now.  This project has been a lot of fun and it's helped to keep me stay positive and keep me writing.  So I will keep it going.  I won't actually hold myself to the every day (because it was very clear to me that it's not actually realistic).  But I will again try to post about the every day, at least a few times a week.  And as much as I'm going to stick with the theme of AWESOME - next year as of July 1st, they are going to also the theme of "You learn something new every day."  I want to know if that's true.  We'll find out.

2 comments:

  1. uuha, glad to hear you had some great fam time and hope to to con' t reading u r blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learn something new every time I read your blog! You are AWESOME, and I am thrilled that you are going to keep writing! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete