Wednesday, July 04, 2012

June 29th: Improv in a skirt!

It's pretty darn awesome showing up to volunteer for an improv show all dressed up, and then being offered to play in the late night show - even though you're wearing a skirt.  Fortunately I had tights on under the skirt, so there wasn't really anything wrong with it. But the fact that I performed improv while wearing a skirt is something that I will boast about for a while, simply because I never would have expected that to happen ever in my life.

It was also amazing to have no expectations to perform, and literally get 10 minutes notice and then head backstage 5 minutes before the show begins.  It was almost exactly what improv should be.  I'm all for the workshops and establishing formats.  It's great to have guidelines and goals, and things to strive for.  But it's also fun to just play, which is exactly what we did late Friday night.

It takes a lot of trust to ask a person to perform 10 minutes before they are needed on stage and I'm so grateful to have that at Second Storey Theatre.  I can't think of anyone else I would rather play with than my improv family.  So much fun!  Thanks gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment