Wednesday, July 04, 2012

June 27th: Baby Showers!

BABIES!!!!  I love that I'm at that age when friends of mine are getting married and having kids.  You know what that means?  Showers!  I know some people aren't really into the silly games, and the usual fuss that goes into showers, but I love it.  If someone wants to plan some fun for me, I'm more than happy to participate.  I know some folks think that it gets in the way of conversing with the other guests, but I don't know about that.  Yes, it distracts from conversation for the purpose of playing a game, but it also helps break the ice and bring everyone together and breaks up the cliques that might occur otherwise.  But then again - this is coming from a girl who loves to play any game!

My friend Joyce who was married Easter weekend of 2010 is now about to burst with her new baby, and I couldn't wait to attend her shower.  I rarely get to see her, so to have the chance to spend time with her and meet some more of her good friends was one I was not going to turn down.  Especially since she lives only a few blocks away from me.  I've met a lot of Joyce's friends before - but she has LOTS of friends, so this time around there were a lot more to meet.  And considering I arrived to the party late, I think I did a decent job.  I met some great girls, had some delicious food, and played some fun and silly games which bonded all of us as a group.  All in all - the ideal baby shower!

I know everyone has their idea of what a bridal or baby shower should look like, but as far as I'm concerned there is no wrong way to do it.  So long as there are good friends to celebrate a major life change, it should be an awesome time!  Congratulations Joyce and Matt on your soon to be new family!  I can't wait to meet the little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment