Tuesday, July 03, 2012

June 21st: Go Hamilton and Culture!


It seems that the longer I live in Vancouver, the more I come to appreciate being from Hamilton.  Not because the people out here are not awesome (trust me, they are).  I just find myself being exceptionally proud anytime I ever hear anyone bring up Hamilton.  Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Hamilton rarely ever comes up in conversation out here, and when it does it's often brought up as a result of something positive - which makes my heart go out to it.

Last week I went to a meeting about BC Arts Statistics, and the person speaking was Kelly Hill from Hill Strategies.  Hill Strategies is essentially the go-to website for any stats relating to the Arts in Canada.  I used it all the time in University, particularly when doing the Graduate Arts Admin program.  So to be acquainted with it again while out here in a managerial position is pretty darn awesome.  Especially when I saw "Hamilton, ON" on one of the slides.

Somehow in my studies, I hesitated to notice where Hill Strategies originated.  Now that I've been away from Hamilton for 10 years, I suppose I've started to notice a lot more.  I couldn't be more proud that the leading source of arts statistics is from my hometown.  It just gives me one more reason to be proud of being from the Hammer!

No comments:

Post a Comment