Thursday, June 28, 2012

June 20th: MUSICAL!!!!

So remember a while ago, when I said there was a new project that I was working on?  But I made you wait before I mentioned anything about it?  Remember how it happened after the Musical Improv workshop?  And then remember how a long time ago I had this crazy idea to write a musical, until I realized that I didn't know the first thing about writing a musical?

Well guess what!  I'M WRITING A MUSICAL!!!  Now I'm sure you're thinking, "But Alison, you don't know the first thing about writing music, let alone a full musical.  How on earth are you going to pull this off?"  EASY!  The fact that I am working alongside two very intelligent and ridiculously talented folks who do know something about writing a musical ... as proven by the fact that one of them actually has written not a musical, but 2 musicals!  Now that's cred!

So this is still very early in the process, but it is happening!  And it's going to be awesome!  And you're hearing it here first.  Because I'm not even posting it to any of my social media pages yet until we have a better grasp of what it is going to be about.  Tonight we came up with a great idea, with a great brainstorming session, but there's still a lot of narrowing down to do.  So once we've narrowed, I will let you know.  But what I can say is that the fact that this Musical is in fact going ahead - is flipping AWESOME!  Thank you Peter and Jenn for helping to make this dream a reality!

1 comment:

  1. Are you crazy? Yes! Insane? Yes! Wonderfully talented? Yes! You don't realize your dreams by wishing but by doing, and you are making it happen!! I am so proud and excited for you. Go for it! I am cheering you on from afar.

    ReplyDelete