Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 15th: Camping on Salt Spring Island

Living on the west coast definitely has it's perks.  Particularly when friends force you off the main land to enjoy some time on one of the many islands in the surrounding area.  And I'm not talking about Vancouver (though it is extremely beautiful as well).  I'm talking about the Gulf Islands that provide the West Coast with a these secluded getaways with some of the best scenery this world has to offer.

I've been honoured to have made my way to a few of the smaller islands on the West Coast, but the only time I had made my way out to Salt Spring Island was on a short one day trip.  It was an amazing time with Luke and his parents, but it was really nice to be given the chance to stay overnight and camp out.

I wish I had some beautiful pictures to show you, but my camera hates life and is hiding from me right now, so I don't have anything to show.  What I can say is that it was among the more beautiful campsites I have been too.  Decent distance between one site to the next, all in a cathedral of trees, with gorgeous trails that led into town.  Not too shabby!  In fact - AWESOME!  If anyone is looking for a place to camp - I might suggest Garden Faire on Salt Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment