Sunday, June 03, 2012

June 1st: Doug, Doug Pitt!

After a surreal evening of comedy, I had an even more surreal daytime on Friday.

So - our choir was booked for this commercial that will be shot in Australia.  I didn't know much about it.  So I just got into my clothes and headed off for the shoot.  Then I get there only to be handed the lyrics of the song we would be singing in the commercial.  They seemed a little odd but figured, 'Hey, they just have an awesome sense of humour.'  The lyrics were something like:

Doug, Doug Pitt
He's Our Man
Second Most Famous Pitt - Yeah
He's Our Man
Doug Pitt (repeated in several variations)
Every Doug has his Day

So you might be wondering, "Who's this Doug Pitt fellow?"  Well, it's quite simple actually.  He's this guy!

Doug Pitt on left with brother Brad Pitt.  Photo from 417mag.com
Yeah - did you know that Brad Pitt had a younger brother?  He totally does.  And he's a very handsome though ordinary type of guy.  Just an epically awesome, funny, charming, good-looking, and really nice kind of guy who just happened to be the star of the commercial that we had been booked for to sing about him!

Even though our choir was only called to be on set until 1pm, we ended up being there until after 4pm. But that was fine by me.  I'm in summer mode.  I rarely take days off unless absolutely necessary. And I spent the day singing, filming and hanging out with Brad Pitt's younger brother.  ... Not a bad Friday if you ask me.  What an awesome random day!

Again - the commercial will only be airing in Australia but it will probably be online in 3 months or so.  I'll be sure to share it once it becomes available, because based on everything that I know about it and saw - it's going to be awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment