Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 10th: Tony Awards!

For claiming to be a theatre person, it is pretty shameful that this was my first year ever to watch the Tony Awards.  I don't know why it's taken me so long.  Maybe it's just been an issue of availability and timing, or maybe I just hadn't been informed well enough, or maybe I just didn't care enough.  But it doesn't matter anymore, because I have finally made my way onto this bandwagon and I'm so glad.

Neil Patrick Harris is just flat out awesome!  If you haven't yet realized this then you're silly.  Just watch a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother.  Or if that doesn't do it for you, then watch some Dr. Horrible Sing-Along Blog.  The man is epic.  Epic and awesome.  And the host of the Tony Awards.  Therefore the show was awesome.

Now, not having been to New York in several years, I obviously did not get to see the shows that were nominated.  But I happened to appreciate some familiar faces in the cast of Jesus Christ Superstar.  And having just watched the movie Once I was quite proud when it was named Best Musical.

Clearly I need to keep up this trend.  Thanks Shay and Lois for making sure I watched the Tony's this year, as well as the Broadway education.  Much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment