Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 7th: Universes Colliding!

I'm sorry okay!  It's hard to keep up with a daily blog when I'm spending too much time enjoying the awesomeness of days rather than writing about them.  I apologize.  But I always catch-up eventually.  So here we go:

On Thursday I went out to go see an acquaintance of mine perform.  A while ago I seemed to be going to a lot of concerts, but recently that hasn't been the case.  So when Adaline came back into town, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to enjoy the music scene, even if only for the night.  What I didn't expect was for universes to collide.

So I have this friend Andrea.  Andrea has a friend Katie (who I don't know if I can yet call a friend, but she's certainly an acquaintance).  Katie has a friend or co-worker Chantal.  Chantal has a friend from Adrienne.  Adrienne is in a choir called the VOC Sweet Soul Gospel Choir.  .... Yes - the same choir I am in.

What's weirder is that she was the fourth choir member that I had randomly run into that week.  One came by the Pacific Theatre office, another I ran into at a Starbucks where I had scheduled a Jessies meeting, the third ended up being the host of the crazy awesome Loco networking event, and then there was this situation.  It was awesome!

Normally universes colliding wouldn't be an awesome thing, but in this case it certainly was.  Next time I'll have to run into a choir member while hanging out with some improv buddies.  Or run into improv buddies while hanging out with work folk.  Or run into Jessie folk while doing some improv.  Really - any other sort of friend collision would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment