Sunday, June 03, 2012

May 30th: Partying on a school night!

Growing up we were never allowed to stay out late on weeknight's for the simple reason that it was a "school night."  As soon as I left for University I was thrilled to put those days behind me.  Who cared if it was a Tuesday and I had a class at 8am on Wednesday?  I wasn't going to miss out on the 80's night at Cafe Campus where they had pitchers on for $6.  I had priorities. ... Sometimes.

Generally I'd say that since living in Vancouver I have more or less grown past those weeknight partying days.  I'll still go see shows until 11pm on a weeknight but midnight would generally be my limit.  Not on Wednesday though!

Once you start getting into really good conversation it's really hard to get out of it.  Especially when there is still wine around.  And some times it can go past 1am.  And then you could end up spending much of your commute home, walking in the rain.  But it's okay, because you've still got some wine in your system to warm you up and make you somewhat oblivious to how long it is actually taking you to walk home.

I'm not saying that I'm going to make this weeknight partying a regular thing, but every once in a while it's nice to go back to the University type behaviours.  If nothing else, it at least makes me think that perhaps not too much of time has passed since that time in my life.  Oh denial - you're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment