Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 11th: Awkward Love Stories

I've talked at length about how much I love Musical Improv.  I cannot get enough of the workshops.  They're soooooo much fun, and you can get some really awesome stories out of them.

Having moved past fundamentals, we decided to apply what we've learned and do a 20 minute improvised musical.  What we really did was 20 minutes of what should have been a 60 minute improvised musical, because the story we were getting into was just that intense.  Which is I guess to be expected when you're dealing with a bunch of teenagers at a LARPing training camp!

For you newbs out there, LARPing is Live Action Role Playing.  Oh yes - it was as awkward and awesome as you would expect, with weird swordplay, and love triangles galore!


I was so excited at the end of the night, not just because of the awesome night of improv but because of a potential project in the works.  What project, you ask?  Oh - keep reading.  I'll get to it eventually.  




No comments:

Post a Comment