Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 14th: Concordia Rez Flashbacks!

I often miss the University days.  The group of friends I had in University were all such amazing people.  I couldn't have asked for a better group of friends during such a pivotal time in my life.  But since those glory days we have all moved to different places around the world and therefore we don't see much of each other.  Fortunately one of these friends had decided to get married, which provided the perfect opportunity for a reunion.

Because this wedding was happening out here on the west coast, I was honoured to play host to some friends.  I cannot express just how awesome it is to come home from work, and open my apartment door and pretty much experience those exact same feelings back in residence when you went to a friends room and found that there were a few of your friends already chatting away just waiting for you to join the conversation.  The only difference was this time we had 6 years of growing up between us.  Maybe 6 years of aging is the more appropriate term, as it's clear that there really hasn't been too much growing up - which I think is a good thing.

It was so nice to go for a walk with these friends to a nearby park, and upon seeing a hill we had the idea that we should roll down it.  So roll we did!  No hesitation.  Just lots of laughs!  Just like good old times.  Oh Concordia - how I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment