Sunday, June 03, 2012

May 27th: Piano Time!

I love a little down time.  That's why after a weekend of house and dog sitting it was really nice to just have a day to myself to catch up and clean up and do some things that I hadn't done.  I caught up with some movies that I've always wanted to see.  Caught up with some reading.  And most importantly - I reacquainted myself with the piano.

I never had piano lessons.  I think I can thank my brothers for that.  But as long as I can remember we always had a piano or keyboard of some sort in our home.  Well with Dad being a musician and everything it was kind of necessary for any of the jam sessions he'd have with friends and family.  But no one in the family played.  We enjoyed having friends come over who did play the piano when we finally got to hear it played well.  Otherwise it would just be us playing around on it.  I did my best to teach myself a couple simple songs when I was back in high school.  But that was a long time ago.  Could I remember them now?

Give me a keyboard and a house to myself, and apparently I can.  It took some time but it was really nice to get back to the keys and teach myself a song that I could sing along to.  It wasn't exactly beautiful, but it was awesome.  And it felt so good to feel like if I ever have a house that I wouldn't have to feel guilty about having a piano in it ... because hopefully I would at least at some point put it to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment