Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 12th: Patience is a Virtue!

I'm getting this weird sense of Deja Vu!  I feel like I've written about this before, but I can't seem to find a record of it.  But it is an important message so a little bit of repetition is in order.

Alright - so we had a Pinning Party part 2, and it was very weird timing for me.  I had made a plan to make a certain dish, and work on a craft project that would be applied as a gift for an upcoming wedding.  But I hadn't quite prepared enough in advance.  I still had to purchase my craft supplies and I never looked up how long for me to make my food. AND I had to leave work a little later than I had originally wanted.  Recipe for disaster!

But I pulled through.  I bought my craft supplies (not making it a Pinning craft - but still a necessary one), and then I made my way home to start cooking.  I'm already not the best cook in the world so to rush a recipe that I had made slight adjustments to was really stupid of me.  But I did my best.  And I learned a lot, namely: Patience really is a virtue!  In my rush to get things done so that I could get to the party on time, I was not able to follow certain aspects of the recipe (such as allowing time to drain the liquid out of my veggies) which meant that it ended up taking me much longer in the end, and with a less desired result.

It was awesome to learn that if something tells you that you need to take time to do something, that you really should take that time!  I don't know if it's quite sunk in with me yet, but at least I now have the hard evidence (or at least the some what soggy evidence) to prove to me why I sometimes need to slow down and take the time needed to get a job done.  That's pretty awesome, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment