Thursday, July 12, 2012

July 2nd Lesson: Campy Theatre isn't necessarily a bad thing!

Daily Learning: Expect the Campy and you'll have a good time!

I don't know if this is a new lesson for me, but it was certainly a good reminder.  We all know how much I loved SCORE: A Hockey Musical.  If anyone asked me if it was a good movie, I don't know how I'd respond.  But what I can say that if you go into it expecting campy, ridiculous Canadian humour set to music (presuming you can appreciate all of that stuff) then you'll have a good time watching it!

I had never seen the original movie of Xanadu but I knew it was NOT a 'good' movie - but it did have a huge cult following.  So when I was invited to see the musical I was thrilled to check it out.  And disappointed I was not.  I expected the campiness, and I got it in spades!  And it was awesome and epic!  So don't knock the campy the next time you see it.  Embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment