Monday, December 12, 2011

Dec. 10th: Making Christmas Fabulous!

It was a jam packed day yesterday.  I spent the day working and was able to catch up with some old friends who abandoned Vancouver to live in England for a year (apparently it's kind of nice over there).  They just came back recently so this was one of the few times I was able to chat with them since they got back.  And the whole experience was made all the better by the delicious food that was being served while we were chatting.

After work I met up with my good high school pal, Adriana for some drinks before going to see a friend perform in the Vancouver Men's Chorus in their Christmas Show - Making Spirits Bright.  I had never been to any of their performances but after watching their sneak peek video, I knew it was going to be nothing short of fabulous.  And was I ever right!

I'm still trying to figure out what my favourite moment of the show was.  The Sound of Music medley sing along (especially considering that it was right on the heels of watching the show), the Hippopotamus caps, the amazing blending of the a cappella songs, the overall choirography and showmanship, the powerful performance of Merry Christmas Darling - or perhaps it was the ingenious way in which they turned a medley of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Jaws, and a few other John Williams scores into a Christmas song.  YUP!  I think that might have been it.  That and running into friend of Pacific Theatre - Brian Mix of the Pacific Rim String Quartet - who happened to be playing in the band that evening.  Small world!

We topped off the night with a mad dash back to Pacific to support friends in their late night apprentice project, followed by a late LATE night at Karl's place where worlds collided as friends from different social circles got together to have some great conversation, over some delicious food and drinks.  It was actually one of the best nights I have had in a while - and if you've read any of my blog then you know that's saying something!  Awesome is actually an understated description of yesterday.  Fabulous might be the more appropriate word.

No comments:

Post a Comment