Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dec. 15th: Preparing for Guests

So much for catching up a while ago - huh?  I blame my parents and Luke for distracting me.  But it's about time I catch up on some awesome.

So as for last Thursday I would like to make mention of how awesome it is to prepare for guests.  It's fun because you get to prepare for your guests (which, based on the assumption that you want the guests staying in your place, is in and of itself awesome) and you are forced to catch up on some long delayed chores.  Like laundry, dishes, a general tidying of the place.  Maybe normal people stay on top of this stuff all of the time, but this single-dweller sometimes let's that stuff go (particularly when more than 12 hours a day are spent somewhere other than the apartment).

I definitely didn't get everything done that I had hoped (especially since I was also trying to get some sewing done at the same time), but considering my guests already fully understood the level of tidiness that I was accustomed to, I think I did okay.  After all - they were the ones who raised me, so really there's only so much judgment they can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment