Thursday, December 08, 2011

Dec. 8th: Actor Crushes!

I'm not going to lie.  I have had a lot of crushes in my day.  I think my first crush started in Grade 2 (yes fathers of daughters out there - it can happen that early).  And since then I pretty consistently always had a crush on someone.  HOWEVER - that whole "Oooooo - he's cute. I kinda like him" kind of crush has nothing to do with the 'Actor Crushes' I'm talking about.

Actor crushes are when I find the talent of someone soooo overwhelming that I cannot help but be thoroughly impressed and want to spend all of my theatre going experiences watching them perform.  Since being in Vancouver I have developed a few of these crushes, and tonight I developed a brand new one.  Thanks to my good friend Lois Dawson, I was invited to attend After Jerusalem which happened to feature one of the actors who performed in the award-winning show Jesus Hopped the 'A' Train at Pacific Theatre last year.  I was excited to see him in something else, but I was shocked at just how captivated I was with his performance.  I already knew he was a great actor, but something about his performance tonight just left me wanting so much more.  So he now goes on my list of actors that I need to see perform whenever the opportunity arises.  Thank you Andrew for an amazing performance!  I hope the rest of the run goes well.


On a side note: Has anyone noticed how many of blog posts have been about theatre shows?  Clearly I think theatre is awesome - but this post has made me realize how often I write about theatre and therefore how much I go to attend theatre.  There are certainly times when I have gone to see three plays in one week (this week being one of them).  Clearly one of these coming posts needs to include a list of all of the shows I've seen this past year.  I'm kind of nervous to find out what the final number will be.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen 150+ shows since January 2011. I think you're still safe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This actor crush is not surprising at all! amazing actor!!

    ReplyDelete