Monday, December 05, 2011

Dec. 5th: Home made gifts!

Tonight was another holiday craft party night - which meant that it was the perfect opportunity for me to get some of my gift making done.  I don't really know how much other people like getting homemade gifts - but I know that I love them, and fortunately I happen to know a few other people in my life who love them too.

Throughout high school our group of friends would always make each other gifts, and they were always the best gifts ever.  Some of the gifts made included illustrated stories of our friendships, a co-created painting of a hilarious camping trip, a life-sized cookie replica of the birthday girl, a box of fun for an 18th birthday (filled with 18 things all to do with the new things you can do when you turn 18), and a homemade Zagat's Guide - to something other than restaurants.  I actually still have a number of the gifts that were made fore me, because they are just that awesome.  I have also accumulated a lot of new homemade gifts, including the all of the paintings on my wall, Alistair the whale (for my earphones), my new mug, and countless others!

I think I really like receiving homemade gifts because I love being surrounded in reminders of all of the people I love, and the talent and creativity that they all possess.  I am forever inspired by all of their gifts and the time they put in to making something for me.  I couldn't ask for anything better.  So hopefully my dear friend Jenn will feel the same way when she opens, the lovely gift that I have made for her upcoming wedding!  The gift might not be as epic as some of our high school gifts - but the sentiment is still the same.
 

High school gifts from Jenn and Brittany!

No comments:

Post a Comment