Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dec. 12th: My case of the Mondays!

I realized something today.  When you work every day on the weekend - you really don't run into that problem of the Monday blues.  Because it ends up feeling like any other day of the week.  And in my crazy world that's more or less what it was.  It was just the average run of the mill AWESOME day.

I went to work to sort out the details of the weekends events and do my usual Monday activities, but because I worked 7 days in a row last week (and will be pulling some more overtime this week) I treated myself to half a day off.  But before doing that we had to have our usual office antics.  Check out this video of Andrea in her Monday state (and then give it context by watching this video HERE).


Obviously as you can it was a really rough day in the office, so I was eager to get out of there and settle my problems with some retail therapy.  I'm actually quite impressed with how much shopping I was able to accomplish.  I didn't get everything I wanted, but most of my list got checked off with this afternoon's trip (and I even managed to treat myself to a couple little things).  

Then it was off to the Evergreen House to sing for a residential care unit of Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver.  It was a small intimate show, but it was very powerful.  Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and as per usual we ended the show by taking them to church. It was a great performance and it became a little emotional when one of the seniors offered some thanks at the end of the show.  

After the show I was prepared to take the long ride home on the bus, before I was intercepted by other choir members who were heading in my direction.  I'm always perfectly content to take the bus, because I enjoy taking the time read - and in general I have too much pride and feel weird about asking people I barely know to take me somewhere. But it was a great reminder that people genuinely want to help, so I should get over myself and accept the generous offer.  Plus it gave me a great opportunity to get to know some of my fellow choir members more.  It's amazing that I have spent so much time with these people, but I still know so little about them.  It was nice to finally fix that,  even if just a little bit.

Yup - so that was my Monday!  Not bad for the start of a new week.  Hopefully the rest of the week goes as well.  OH YEAH - and I also got a bit of extra news today but because I have yet to determine whether it's officially good news or not, I'll have to wait to report on it another time. Fingers crossed that it becomes blog worthy at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment