Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dec. 16th: Hosting the Parents

It is rare that my Mom and Dad collectively come to visit.  They have both come to see me on separate occasions - but it's rare that they come to see me together.  But when they do it is quite the treat.  And fortunately they were coming at a time when I really REALLY wanted to see family.

This is the second Christmas in my entire life when I won't be with my family and it has really affected me (even today I got a little teary-eyed thinking about it).  So to have Mom and Dad here the weekend before Christmas was pretty darn special.  So special that I had to take half a day off just to straighten out my brain and prepare for the awesomeness that was to ensue.

With my little bit of extra time off - I was able to catch up with my Christmas shopping, and come pretty darn close to finishing a sewing project for a gift.  Then it was off to meet the parents at the airport!

Now I know that Vancouver is my home - but it's hard to see those faces and not feel at home no matter where I am.  Whether it's Ancaster, Brule, Vancouver, or Edmonton (possibly even Regina - though I haven't tried) wherever my parents are will always feel like home to me, even if Vancouver is the place I choose to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment