Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Dec. 7th: Catching someone in an act!

You know those times when you have this impulse to start singing, humming, or dancing to yourself because you think no one is watching you - and then all of the sudden you realize that someone was actually watching you the entire time?  And for some reason upon being caught there's that slight hint of embarrassment because you never intended your actions to be seen or heard by anybody.  Well that embarrassment has got to stop, because as an audience member I can tell you that there are few things better than seeing someone be really passionate and silly when they think that no one is looking.

In the office today we had some Christmas music going when all of a sudden Mariah Carey comes on with "All I Want for Christmas Is You."  This song is one of the most epic Christmas songs around (made more so by its presence in the movie Love Actually), so it was not a surprise that the lovely Andrea Loewen felt so moved to sing along to it.  What was a little surprising was the fact that she tried to do it silently (Yes Andrea, I am outing you - DEAL WITH IT!)  Unbeknownst to Andrea, I had just picked up the phone to listen to some phone messages when I caught her lip syncing in my peripheral vision.  I just sat and stared for a few seconds, wondering if she would ever realize that I was watching her.  Finally I had to giggle aloud just so she could know that I could see her.  She didn't seem too phased by the fact that she had an audience (she is a performer after all) but it was pretty clear that she didn't think anyone was watching her.

Well - Andrea's little lip syncing performance is my clear awesomism for the day.  It was such a pleasure to catch her in the act.  I now feel like I have a little glimpse into the all of other things she probably does when she thinks no one can see her.  And it makes me feel pretty good - because it means that I'm not the only one doing those thing.  Andrea, I know I don't need to tell you this - but you are awesome!  Thank you for thinking that I couldn't see you.  It made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment