Friday, December 02, 2011

Dec. 1st: Every Girl likes Flowers!

I used to think that I was the type of girl that never needed flowers, because let's face it - they can be expensive and they serve no functional purpose other than to make a room look a little prettier.  But boy, do they make a person feel good!

Today I walked into the office and found a beautiful vase of pink roses.  The first thing that went through my mind was "Who are these for?" - because there was no way that they were for me.  I had not done any to deserve such a lovely bouquet.  But they were for me!  Apparently watching someone's adorable and loveable child for a couple of hours while they are working warrants getting flowers.  

And as if that weren't enough - when I came back into the office after running an errand I found another bouquet of flowers on my desk.  Again I thought "Well THESE definitely aren't for me!"  Wrong again! Another beautiful woman sent me some flowers for helping put a grant together.

While I still question whether I deserved these flowers, it was absolutely fantastic to receive them.  I still believe that no one ever NEEDS flowers, but that's exactly why it feels so good to get them.  Leave it to some amazing women to remind me of that!  Thanks so much Sarah and Lucia!


P.S. BONUS FEATURE TO COME!!! Sorry for the delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment