Sunday, December 04, 2011

Dec. 3rd: German Christmas Market

I love weekends.  Having a full day off allows for a lot of awesome, and I packed in a bunch today.  Trip downtown, started some Christmas shopping, ran into friends, opening night of The Wizard of Oz, followed by the first Christmas Party of the season.  All in all - an awesome day!  But one of the best things that happened today was the trip to the Vancouver Christmas Market.

I had my first choir gig of the Christmas Season and it happened to take place at the annual German Christmas Market.  Every year the Queen Elizabeth Plaza turns into one of the classic German Christmas villages, with the wooden homemade crafts shacks, and food and beverage stands.  It is so lovely and quaint and really puts you in the Christmas mood.  Last year our gig at the market was a lot of fun, but considering that it was extremely cold and rainy that night,  it was really nice to have warmer whether for our afternoon show this year.  Though a part of me really missed seeing Dad is his very attractive rain hat.  (Wait ... does a blog pick up sarcasm? ... Love you Dad!)  I felt like this year I had time to wander around at the different shops without worrying about getting soaked.  As I walked past all of the stands, I noticed one that I absolutely had to go to.  They were serving fresh warm pretzels - for only $1.50!  Obviously I had to get one.  It was sooooooo good.  No - let me rephrase that.  It was sooooooo awesome!

If you get a chance to check out an old German Christmas Market in your general area - I strongly encourage you to do so.  But you might want to go with an empty stomach.  You'll want to make sure there's room for a bratwurst and beer too.  Don't make the same mistake I did!


BONUS FEATURE:
Okay so because I was delayed in my blog post a few days ago here is a BONUS VIDEO for you.  It's not of me (but if you want to imagine that it's me doing everything in the video then I'm cool with that)!  It's actually a video of a pole dance that will knock your socks off.  To anyone wondering why I would post a video of a pole dance on my blog - just watch it!  You will quickly understand.  Make sure you get to 3:21, because that's when it gets serious. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment