Sunday, December 04, 2011

Dec. 4th: Telling it on the Mountain!

Since I joined the VOC (now Sweet) Soul Gospel choir in 2008, December has become my favourite month - because it is the month when we spend all of our Sundays on top of Grouse Mountain singing Christmas music to the skiers and snowboarders who have come inside looking for a break from the cold.  A few years ago, when it all began, my Mom came to visit me to watch the choir sing on top of the mountain.  She had such a great time watching me sing again, listening to some great music, and enjoying the atmosphere.  Unfortunately, all of her good spirits led her to generously take me out to lunch - a lunch that would eventually reveal that her daughter was not going to be returning to Ontario. We ate at Altitudes on top of Grouse Mountain in the same building where I had just sung.  At one point during the meal, she watched me while I looked out of the restaurant window from the top of the mountain to see the beautiful city of Vancouver surrounded by glistening water and distant mountains.  I made a comment about how beautiful the view was and I guess that comment was what affirmed what both of us were thinking.  Ontario could never live up to the life I had in Vancouver.

I love my family deeply, but when I get to spend my time doing what I love in beautiful surroundings such as these - it really isn't any wonder why I am still out here six years later!  There is only word to describe my situation here . . . and we all know what that word is.  

From the top of Grouse Mountain! That's Vancouver Island in the distance.
View of Vancouver from the ride down the Gondola.

City Sunset from Lonsdale Quay!  Right before getting on the seabus.




No comments:

Post a Comment