Thursday, August 11, 2011

Aug 10th: Mormons, Malls, and Muskikiwiininni

I woke up this morning to the most amazing sight.  Curiousity got the better of me, so I looked in my bedside table drawer.  Sure enough I ended up with a huge smile on my face when I found - not the Gideon bible that I was expecting - but THE BOOK OF MORMON.  Of course the song "I Believe" started running in my head.  What a way to start the day!


Then we went to the Mall of America - which was actually a lot smaller remember.  Probably because the last time I was in the mall I was a child and physically much smaller ... but still.





The theme park Snoopy Land was replaced with Nickelodeon Universe and at the end of it was the lego store with a huge display on top of it complete with a huge lego statue of a transformer.  We only managed to do a full walk around of the first floor hitting only a few stores, and never made it to the other three floors.  As far as I could tell - the West Edmonton Mall is still the biggest mall in North America, but the Mall of America is a little more upscale and once the expansion is completed it will be number 1. But I'm happy for Canada to hold on to that title for as long as possible.

And of course, after the mall we made our way to Wisconsin and the Muskikiwiininni Lodge.  And I can't express enough just how good it is to be back here with the family.  This place is just filled with memories and I can't wait to make some more.  These next 10 days of living in a lodge down by the river are going to be awesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment