Saturday, August 06, 2011

Aug 5th: Birthday Dates and Being Classy!

It's awesome coming home really late after a full day of celebrating birthdays and having a great date night.  The day started with celebrating the birthday of my long-time high school friend AJ (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one still calling her that).  The celebration was merely just dropping off an iced caramel latte at her workplace and catching up for the brief 10 minutes that she could step away from her work, but I'm still glad I was able to celebrate with her at all.

Then the rest of the day was dedicated to celebrating the birth of Luke Timmermans.  A little shopping for new shirts, a little ice cream, a brief trip to the game store, and then we topped it off with an amazing night out!  And I must say, any excuse to dress up and go on a nice actual date is awesome.  Especially when it involves going to a quaint little town built around a theatre festival.

Luke and I were fortunate enough to be able to enjoy a dinner buffet and performance at Chemainus Theatre Festival.  Now, if you haven't been to Chemainus, the best way I can describe it is that it's kind of built like a ski village, except that the theatre is the mountain.  It's a great little getaway spot for those who want to get out of town and enjoy a great evening out - and did we ever!  We ate a lot of fantastic food, indulged in a chocolate fountain for dessert, and even had the privilege of watching good friends perform in a great production of Fiddler On The Roof.  I don't think either of us could have asked for a better date night.  So here's to birthday celebrations, and a great excuse to dress up and be classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment