Sunday, August 28, 2011

Aug 27th: BC Mini-putting

Since I've moved to Vancouver I've been wanting to find a nice place to go mini-golfing.  Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, the best I could find were pitch-and-putt courses around town.  While pitch-and-putt can be fun, it doesn't involve wind-mills, swinging pendulums, or any other kooky stuff like that.  Plus, with pitch and putt, you have to bring your own clubs (or at least I had to) which can prove to be difficult when don't play golf and you're left-handed and can't even borrow clubs.  Throw-and-putt just isn't the same.

So - today I was thrilled when Luke took me to a mini-putt course in Parksville called Paradise Mini-Golf.  It actually had 2 different 18-hole courses, so of course we took them up on the full 36 holes.  And it was AWESOME!  I was a little surprised at the LED sign welcoming us to the park, as the kitchy mini-putt courses I'm used to are a little more rustic.  But it was a lot of fun, and just the right amount of cheesiness for me.

I didn't win (surprise, surprise).  But I did manage to get 3 hole-in-ones, which is two more than Luke got.  So while he's clearly the more consistent putter, I'll take the mini-victories where I can get them!




No comments:

Post a Comment