Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Aug 8th: Clothing Swaps and Shoe Fetishes!

I love new clothes.  I also love giving back to the community.  And I really love hanging out with my friends.  If only I could have all at once.  Enter clothing swaps!

For those who have never had a clothing swap before, let me explain.  You know when it comes to that time of year where you go through your closet and pick out everything you don't wear anymore?  Well - you do that and even include purses, shoes, belts, jewellery - and get a bunch of your girlfriends to do the same.  Then before taking everything to charity, you throw yourselves a big party and get first pickings at all of the free clothes.  If you're modest (which we rarely are) then you can sport some leggings and a cami to speed up the process of putting on and taking off the many items you'll be trying out.  Oh - and if more than one lady wants to take home the same item of clothing, then it's time for a FASH OFF!  Each lady gets their chance to show the group why they deserve the item more - generally including a little strut, maybe a fun story, and often a booty shake - then the group decides who was more convincing.

Last night we had one of our biannual clothing swaps and I scored HUGE.  It's really awesome when a good friend has the same size feet as yours, a shoe fetish, and a closet not quite big enough to accommodate all of them.  I went home with 4 new pairs of heels and they are all ah-maz-ing.  Unfortunately since I'll be spending the next few weeks in the woods I won't be wearing them for a while. But I cannot wait for them to grace my feet.  As I was silly and hesitated to take a picture before leaving for vacation, people will just have to wait to see these awesome shoes when I decide to break them in.  But trust me - you will not be disappointed!  Thanks Natalie!

1 comment: