Thursday, August 11, 2011

Aug 11th: Munchkin!

One of the best things about being in the middle of nowhere is that we dedicate a lot of our time to playing games, or doing puzzles.  Usually every year there is a new game that I get to learn and this year it was Munchkin. I'm not going to go into the details of how to play the game because it's pretty complicated, but it's pretty awesome and VERY nerdy - which is probably why I love it so much.  It's a card game with it's own deck and is somewhere between Magic and Killer Bunnies.  I haven't ever played Magic before (so my apologies if I'm making a very poor reference here) but I've seen it been played and as far as I can tell Munchkin has a similar format: you have your character, race, and class, and you want to level up by combatting monsters, and selling items.  But it has the cuteness, ease of play, and game-changing cards like Killer Bunnies, which means that I love it.

Okay - so I think I've sufficiently made it clear just how nerdy I am.  Yes - I am a board and card gamer.  Bring on any new games that I haven't played that are cute, fun, and/or remotely strategic and I'll probably love them too.  For now I'll just keep trying to master Munchkin!




1 comment:

  1. Did you play with the expansions? When I was in the states for fourth of July we played with Pirate Munchkin & Undead Munchkin and the Valentines Fairy booster pack. LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete