Thursday, August 04, 2011

Aug 3rd: Some music to heal the soul!

I have a confession to make.  On Monday while at the beach doing work (which was awesome), I had a bit of a mini-breakdown while listening to my iPod.  I was listening to my Vancouver playlist, which includes local artists like Adaline, Dan Mangan, The Left, and Sheree Plett - who I used to go see live quite frequently.  With theatre being such a huge focus these past few months, I really have not been able to go to any concerts since the early spring - which in my mind was REALLY sad and needed to be fixed asap!  Fortunately almost immediately after my breakdown, Sheree Plett mentioned on facebook that she was going to be performing at Kits Beach this evening before the fireworks!  One of my favourite artists, performing live, at the beach, before the fireworks display, which I was already planning on attending??? YES PLEASE!

Needless to say, Sheree did not disappoint.  I even had the privilege of running into some other friends at the concert.  And of course because I was already planning on sticking around for the fire in the sky, I stayed to hear the other performances and ended up being blown away by The Matinee, who are now one of my favourite local bands, for many reasons, including the following:
  •  Stand-up Electric Bass
  •  Banjo
  •  Drum Circle
  •  Stomping
  •  Style
  •  Talent and Passion - always a winning combination
These guys were awesome and I can't wait to add their songs to my Vancouver playlist. Suffice it to say, that I definitely feel better after attending tonight's concert.  Now I just need to make sure I don't go too long until I see the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment