Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mar. 14th: Busy Lazy Days

Ever have those days when there's a lot scheduled but all of it is really fun and relaxing, so even though you're accomplishing a lot it still feels like a lazy day? ... Aren't those days AWESOME?!!

Yup - that was yesterday for me.  Tuesday was a crazy busy day and a bit stressful to the point that it reminded me of those days back in University when I had a bunch of midterm papers due on the same day, and I needed to get my timing just right in order to get them all done well and on time.  But right after getting everything done comes that relaxation period, which I called Wednesday.

I still had a lot of work to do, but it was all the crazy fun part of my job: lining up artists, confirming season dates, ensuring rights have been confirmed - all that jazz.  And while a lot of it was urgent, I still had a lot of room to breathe.  So I actually took a lunch break and went out to lunch with a friend.  And because I have a bunch of overtime hours, I left early even after coming in late.  How can I get away with it?  Because my workplace is awesome.

And after leaving work early, I went back to a friends house to help with some baking to prepare for an opening night we were going to that evening.  We chose to make fritters.  I don't know about her, but I had never made fritters before, so I wasn't aware that less than 2 hours was a tight timeline in which to make fritters.  We got 'er done as best as we could - but lost some fritters in the process.  Apparently the temperature of the oil matters.  Weird.  But we still had some good ones in there and then it was time to get out of time and enjoy opening night.

Even though lots happened, I still look upon the day as one of my lazy ones.  I would love to recreate that level of relaxation again ... without having to deal with all of the stress that lead to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment