Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mar. 21st: Old-Timers Hockey

This might seem like a weird post, because I'm not what you would call a huge hockey fan.  At best I'm a bandwagoner when I find out that the Canucks are in a good position to take home the cup, but otherwise I'm not paying a whole lot of attention to what's going. 

HOWEVER - I do love awesome things, one of which being a combination of Hockey and Song.  I might be the biggest fan of the movie Score: A Hockey Musical!  In that movie, there were some awesome cameos involving some NHL Hall-of-Famers, including Theoren Fleury.  In fact Theo Fleury even sang in one of the songs which prompted the lyrics "Theo Fleury's singing! What can't he do dammit!"  And after seeing him play hockey AND sing tonight, I absolutely share that sentiment.  It was also awesome seeing him ride his hockey stick across the ice while wearing a fedora and using his stick as a rudder allowing him to turn around.  The guy is amazing.

Alright - so it wasn't really a fair game.  You've got a lot of old NHL players vs. the local police department's hockey team - who would you expect to win?  What I can say is that they did a good job of making it entertaining.  They brought the local pee-wee hockey team (that's what they're called, right?) and put them up against the NHL players and it was awesome.  They added in some synchronized figure skating, and some other random fun moments with the old timers.  All-in-all good times!


No comments:

Post a Comment