Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mar. 15th: The Pitter Patter of Heavy Feet

I live in a basement apartment, with my landlords living on the floor above me.  My landlords have young kids.  Young kids who run around, scream, jump up and down, and generally make a lot of noise.  I am well aware that living underneath all of this noise is not the ideal living situation for a most people.  Well, fortunately most people do not live in my apartment.  I do.  And I freaking LOVE the noise.

Today they were playing a singing game on their gaming console, and it almost brought me to tears.  These 6 - 9 year old girls were rocking out to some epic pop songs and it was one of the most awesome things I've heard.  Their pitch may have been a little off, but man were they ever giving it.  It sounded like so much fun that a part of me was tempted to knock on their door and ask if I could join.  But I had the decency to restrain myself.  Instead I just sat with a huge smile on my face thinking about how much fun they must be having.  ... Did anyone hear a ticking just then?  No?  Must be my imagination.

I feel like I must have written about this before because every time the kids make noise, a huge smile comes to my face and I realize how awesome it is and how it would make for a great blog post.  I can specifically remember a morning when Luke and I woke up and within 15 minutes or so of us waking up, out of no where we hear a resounding "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" coming from upstairs.  Well - if that's not an awesome way to start your day then I don't know what is.  All I can say, is that even if I have written about these noises before, it's worth repeating.

All of those people out there who like their peace and quiet, good for you.  But I'll take fun, crazy, loud obnoxious kid noises over deafening silence any day. ... Seriously, what is that noise? There must be a dripping faucet around here somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment