Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sept. 14th: Evening with Grammy!

We had the official opening of our season last night, and it was an emotional ride.  We opened the season with Gallery 7's production of Tuesdays With Morrie. It was a fantastic show and hit very close to home.  Morrie is a man dying of ALS, who has his former student come back for one last lesson about life, love, and death. He is an amazing man who reminds me a lot of my Grammy, who also died of ALS several years ago.  Like Morrie, Grammy was also such a positive person who understood how to appreciate the little things in life.  So many of my fondest memories include her.  So, in her memory I wore some of her old jewellery to the show, including a necklace with a heron on it, which I tearfully clutched during the final moments of the show.

As heartbreaking as it was to watch the show and remember Grammy's last struggles, I was so grateful to relive the memories that I had with my own Morrie.  I also have so much more respect for my Dad, and especially my Aunt's who helped Grammy through her last days. I know it couldn't have been easy, so I want them to know how much I appreciate everything they did.

Thank you Gallery 7, Ken Hildebrandt, Glen Pinchin and Pacific Theatre for an amazing show and for allowing me to pay some respects to an amazing person!

Ken Hildebrandt and Glen Pinchin in Gallery 7 Theatre's production of Tuesdays With Morrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment