Friday, September 23, 2011

Sept. 22: Alison Chisholm, VP

Yesterday I had a conversation with a co-worker at lunch about titles.  We felt that we should have a discussion about them as neither of our titles at work fully encompass what we our roles are at the theatre. Despite not being that keen on titles I have decided that the day's awesomism is being dedicated to them.

In the evening I attended a board meeting for an organization that I have just recently become the Vice-President of.  I took on the role because I feel like I could handle the responsibilities and I also wanted to be able to help the new President as much as possible.  What I was not expecting was the feeling I got when I looked at the Board slate and read "Alison Chisholm, Vice-President".  Seeing those words after my name freaked me out a lot, but also made me feel really good about taking on the challenge.  If five years ago someone would have told me that I would be a VP of a board at this time, I would have said they were crazy.  Thankfully a lot of time has passed and experiences have given me the confidence to take on the title.  After all - it's just a title . . .  right?

1 comment:

  1. what does a VP do anyways? The Vice of the President? Sounds like a strong and powerful title, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete