Friday, September 16, 2011

Sept. 15th: Laugh tracks work!


You know those annoying little laugh tracks that were added to really bad sitcoms that needed them to try to fool audiences into thinking that the show was actually funny?  Well last night I found a use for them that makes them awesome.  

In having a very late night conversation with Luke, we were joking around and at one point he offered his punchline which was quickly followed by the random sound of many people laughing.  It was hilarious and actually made his joke funnier.  I found out later that the sound was coming from a video that he had turned on mid-conversation (which I wonder if I should be annoyed about) but it was so hilarious that I had to give him props.  I now wish that I had a laugh track on me at all times to play whenever I make a less than funny joke.  

I don't know if laugh tracks ever worked for those sitcoms, but when placed in a real life situation it can be hilarious.  Thank you laugh tracks for finding your purpose in life.

1 comment: