Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sept. 17th: The end of a long week.


Again - this post is arriving a day late - but I feel like the timing of it is actually impeccable.  Do you know that feeling that you get after coming home from a long day at work when you just sit down and let the relaxation set in?  Well that's the feeling I've got right now - and it was actually the feeling I had last night as I was writing.  Except my feeling was the result of several long days in a row.

I worked 60+ hours this past week.  That's not a complaint, but rather a fact and a reflection on my state of being.  Because I certainly was not burnt out.  I was definitely tired, partially because I was also sleep deprived, but I was still raring to do things the next day.  What I enjoyed was the fact that this crazy week that I had been preparing for, was finally over and I could finally enjoy that little bit of downtime. 

Sure enough that moment didn't last long as I ended up having another jam-packed day today, but it made me realize just how appreciative I am of the little downtime that I allow myself.  Sure - it means that my apartment gets a little messy because I choose downtime over cleaning, but one of the perks of living alone is that I can get away with it.  And I think that's pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment