Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sept. 16th: Customer Service Gone Right!

First - my apologies for the tardiness for this blog.  I've been working long hours this week, but rest assured that even those long days contained some awesome things.  Yesterday in particular was a lot of fun.  After working a long day in the box office, I finished the day by enjoying some drinks and good conversation with a friends over a board game, which just so happens to be my ideal evening, and should probably be blogged about. But because I feel like I've already written about that subject matter at some point already, I'm instead going to choose to focus on the benefits of working customer service.  (Sorry Linsy - I still love you!)

I'm sure everyone who has ever worked customer service has some horror story involving a difficult customer.  (If you haven't then I'm guessing you might be new to the job, or you have a horseshoe in your backside).  Yes - there are some difficult people out there, but there are also reasonable and kind people, and even those that make customer service an experience to look forward to.  For instance - when a patron comes to a box office window and asks for tickets for two adults and an old fart, it is AWESOME!  I particularly liked the part when I was able to call someone an old fart to his face and it just made him like me more.  I guess as a customer he's had some horror stories with difficult customer service representatives who find his self-depricating humour disrespectful, which I think is a shame.  So really, if there's anything to learn from this awesomism, it's that we all just need to lighten up.  If someone extends you some offering of enjoyment and fun - take it!  Trust me, it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment