Friday, September 02, 2011

Sept. 2: A land of no internet!

It's rare that I actually get a chance to be in a location where I am without internet for more than 24 hours.  I'm looking forward to this weekend of being a luddite and enjoying the great outdoors.  Sleeping in a tent, under the stars, without any real connections to the rest of the world, other than those in my immediate surroundings.  Yes - I look forward to this weekend.  Pen and paper, I look forward to you too.

Oh - don't think that just because I'm away from the internet that I am going to use it as an excuse to not write about these next few days.  I'll just be logging it while I'm away.  The web part will come back into play when I get back to Vancouver on Monday.

So - goodbye online world!  Hello nature!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. I had a similar experience just last weekend. Some good friends were getting married in Mara, BC, which is a next-to-nowhere kind of place. I stayed in a tent, took in the pristine country air, splashed in the lazy Shuswap River, and gazed at the brilliant night sky. It felt like I had been transported to another universe, and I didn't think about email, google reader, or facebook until I had arrived safely back home. It was surreal, and sublime. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete