Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Sept. 5th: Pleasure Toast!

Okay - so the Kamloops breakfast didn't quite work out on Sunday, but fortunately we still had Monday to make up for it.  So after finishing up our spider dogs* and packing up the tent, we headed back to downtown Kamloops to Hello Toast!  It was worth the wait.  They had a menu item called Pleasure Toast, which of course caught my attention.  Then I read the description:  Cranberry sourdough bread, soaked in egg, served with a mulled cranberry sauce.  . . . Guess what I ordered!

It was SOOOO good.  How good?  Let's just say that after the first few bites I had tell myself to be quiet for fear of recreating the famous restaurant scene from When Harry Met Sally.  There's a reason why they call it Pleasure Toast.

After breakfast we eventually made our way back home.  I realized that I had never actually driven along the Coquihalla in the daylight.  It's a gorgeous drive.  Not that I should be surprised.  It's beautiful British Columbia after all.  But it's amazing how I am constantly overwhelmed by the beauty of the landscape here.  A weekend spent in the outdoors experiencing the natural beauty of this province is nothing short of AWESOME!  Thank you long weekend!



*For the record, spider dogs are roasted hot dogs that are quartered at each end so that they curl as they cook, thus making the hot dogs look like spiders.  If you haven't made them before, then prepare for your mind to be blown the next time you are camping.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, no more cruising through Kamloops without saying Hello Heather as well as Hello Toast, okay?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A weekend full of awesomeness! Multiple blogs even! Thanks for indulging in the IPE with me and for teaching me new things like how to make a spider dog and how to play 50++ questions and (to Luke) how to pressurize oxygen into a liquid state!
    See you in a few weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete