Thursday, September 01, 2011

Sept. 1st: My fake father!

I love it when my friends are so comfortable with me that they extend that level of comfort to my family members - even if they aren't part of my family.  For instance - when an older gentleman by the name of John Chisholm calls my place of work looking for me, I love it that my friend/co-worker will actually ask the question "Are you Alison's father?" even when the answer to that question is no.

Yes folks - there is more than one John Chisholm in the world.  I happen to believe that I'm the daughter of the best one, but this gentleman seemed pretty awesome too.  I was able to speak with my fake father today as I helped him complete his ticket order.  We bonded over the awesome/awkward situation and then got into some conversations about being a Chisholm.  Asking if I my family were from out west, talking about our Chisholm families in Ontario, and finding out that west coast John Chisholm was actually somehow related to the former Toronto Police Chief, John Chisholm, from back in the day.

So - even though he wasn't my father, it was great to talk with this John Chisholm who has great taste in theatre.  Glad to have you as part of the clan.  Feros Ferio!


No comments:

Post a Comment