Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Sept. 6th: It begins!

One year ago today (or at least last year right after labour day) I went through a weird existential shift.  As I waited for the bus to go to work I got that same feeling that I used to get on the first day back to school - only I wasn't in school anymore.  Still - I had an overwhelming sense of "Fun's over.  Time to get down to work."  I didn't get that today.  Or at least not until I entered the office.

Our box office opened today.  Today was also the last day that our subscribers could get the earlybird discount.  Phones were ringing off the hook!  This is a big change after a very quiet summer in the office.  It's official.  The theatre season has began.  Which means I am going to be able to see some amazing art and hear some amazing stories very soon.

Welcome theatre season!  It's going to busy and thrilling.  I can't wait!  

No comments:

Post a Comment