Friday, September 09, 2011

Sept. 9th: Bus and Ferry People!

I love taking transit.  I also loved having a car (poor Camry - you are still missed), but one of the blessings that came from losing my car was that I was forced to take transit.  And the people I see and meet on the bus and even on the ferry are very often hilarious and provide outstanding entertainment.  Here are the people I ran into today:

1. BEER GUY - On my way to the Canada Line I was on a very crowded 99 Bus where I must have looked parched or at least like someone who would appreciate a drink, because the guy right next to me pulled out a beverage and asked me very politely and genuinely "You want a beer?"  Surprisingly this wasn't the first time I was offered a beer on the bus.  I did turn it down and thanked him for the offer, to which he responded with a nod and a smile to show his respect.

2. MULLET EXTRAORDINAIRE - I have seen some mullets in my day, but never to the extreme of this one guy on the 620 bus.  The top and sides of the head (aka. the business) were buzzed without any of the lengthening guides, while the back (aka. the party) was only maybe a couple of inches shorter than my hair but a little more wavy.  AWESOME!  I just wish the high school crew were with me to enjoy it to its fullest.

3. NICKELBACK DAD - While waiting in line for the ferry I was standing behind a father and his, I'm guessing 8-year old daughter.  They're exchanging songs on their iPods and he shows off by sharing a little Nickelback with her.  She nods then exclaims "I like Coldplay." He looks at her with disgust and says "Coldplay is garbage.  Nickelback is way better."  I ponder whether this could be deemed child abuse.  Nevertheless, they were a pretty cute father/daughter pairing.  But I have a feeling that little girl will be teaching him a lot over the next few years.  Or at least trying to.

4. BLEACH BLONDE - On the ferry I sat next to a wall with a plug to charge my computer, but first gave it over to the bleach blonde girl who had intentionally sat down (after me) to plug in her phone.  I was happy to share, so let her have it first as the attractive guy next to her was already using the other one to watch Inception.  Then the flirting began.  From what I remember of Inception is that it was a pretty intense movie that should probably be watched without interruptions.  But that certainly didn't stop this girl, and the guy certainly didn't seem to mind.  Ah, young love.  I hope they have fun tonight and play it safe.

Oh people!  I don't understand you sometimes, and you can often annoy, but God love you!  You're still awesome.  For anyone who does not regularly take transit - you are missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment