Monday, April 16, 2012

Apr. 10th: Handling the Crazy!

After an extra long weekend, I had to get back to work to get some serious work done.  In two days we had our director of two of next season's shows coming in from Rosebud, and needed to audition for both of the shows.  The last I left things before the long weekend was collecting availability for everyone for the audition date, then once I received the sides from the director and a few more notices of people's availabilities then I'd send out the final details first thing on Tuesday.  Oh my thinking that I can get things done in less time than it realistically takes can be so adorable sometimes.

Pretty much as soon as I stepped into the office and turned on my computer all of my focus was turned to the scheduling of the auditions.  My goal was to have my emails sent off to those who were auditioning by noon.  Turns out it took me until 3pm.  But hey - I got it done.  It took a while but I put that puzzle together and fit everyone in and in all of the roles they were supposed to be reading for.

Oddly I didn't get the same satisfaction as what comes from writing an exam.  I think it's because my brain was working full steam for so long that it wasn't quite ready to shut down yet.  Fortunately I had bellydancing shortly afterward to help shake it off (literally).  All I can say is that it was a huge relief to get it done!  Crazy days are often a pain in the butt, but they can be pretty awesome when you make it out unscathed!


No comments:

Post a Comment