Sunday, April 22, 2012

Apr. 17th: Very Belated Christmas Gift

This past Christmas I had made a plan to give a bunch of handcrafted gifts, whether by me or other local artists.  I really liked the idea of supporting the local crafters, and sending personalized gifts.  The one I was really looking forward to was making a gift for my beautiful niece.  Unfortunately, time ran out as it usually does, and I didn't get it done in time.  I figured I'd give myself a break.  She was only 20 months at the time.  What would she know about the fact that I hadn't given her gift in time.  But I had every intention of getting it to her within only a couple of weeks.

And of course a couple of weeks turned into several months, and here we are approaching her 2nd birthday and she still didn't have her gift.  AND on top of that, I was planning a party that required me to take on a new craft project when I wasn't even done one that I had started 4 months ago???  Well that was all sorts of wrong.  So, I did the only logical thing and got that thing done.  Perhaps I shouldn't post this picture until she gets the gift. ... But what the heck!



I don't know why it took me so long.  It wasn't an insane project.  Just a few squares of fabric sewn together.  The only complicated part was the family motto.  Had I organized the process better, I would have sewn the family motto onto the square before sewing all of the squares together.  But apparently I like to make things more complicated than they need to be.  No matter.  It's on their now and Isla has a quite and cozy quilt (if you can call it that) coming her way.

She still won't get it for her birthday.  She could have if I chose to put it in the mail right away.  But since I'm planning a trip back to Ontario very soon, I figured I'd rather enjoy the moment of her opening the gift while I'm there.  Sorry Isla - looks like you're going to have to wait a couple more weeks.  But at least it's one more thing off of that To Do list!  

No comments:

Post a Comment