Monday, April 23, 2012

Apr. 22nd: Earth Day!!!

What a beautiful day in Vancouver!  And a great day to celebrate the Earth and life in general.  I'll be honest.  I didn't do a whole lot to be all environmental, but I absolutely took the time to enjoy the beauty of this planet.  Luke and I went for a gorgeous walk along the beach to take in the beauty of our city and the world.

It had been nearly a year since I walked along Jericho Beach.  I used to walk to and from the beach all the time when I was living in the area.  But since being in East Van my trips to Kits have been far less frequent.  It was so nice to walk along the trail and take in the beauty around us, and remember that time two years ago when we went for a walk that quite honestly sealed the fate of our relationship.  At the time that we met, I had committed to spending a certain amount of time being single.  Also there were a few comments made during the times when I had first met Luke which implied that this was likely to be a walk when we would determine that we were really very different people with opposing views on life.  Boy was I wrong.  It turned out that we were WAY more similar than I had anticipated.  I actually went away thinking "Crap.  I think I might be falling in love with this guy."  ... What a weird feeling.  I digress.

So Earth Day!  I can't imagine a better way to celebrate our planet than by reliving a moment when I truly understood just how beautiful this world is.  I guess I could have made more of an effort to pick up some trash and taking part in some other great environmental causes - but I'll just have to trust that I'll make up for it later.


No comments:

Post a Comment