Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Apr. 4th: Packing up!

I used to dislike packing for a trip.  There used to be so much pressure in making sure I brought everything, and not leaving anything crucial behind.  But after travelling so much I've actually come to enjoy the packing experience.  It feels so satisfying to prepare for something really fun that is right around the corner.  And now that I can almost always guarantee that I'll forget something (just hopefully nothing too essential) I've become so much more relaxed.  Plus - with packing comes cleaning.

I cannot even begin to describe how awesome it was to pack up last week for my weekend trip.  As I gathered clothes for the weekend I also managed to get all of my laundry done, and do a lot of other cleaning around the apartment.  As I opened some cabinets that hadn't been opened in a while, I caught up on a bit of organizing.  It's amazing how rarely camping supplies come out to play.

It felt SO good to pull out the sleeping bags and tent, and all of the camping pans and the little burner and pile it up ready to go out the door the next night.  If you thought packing one suitcase was satisfying, just imagine a whole pile of fun waiting to head out on an adventure.  Everything clean with a big pile of awesome - now THAT's a WOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment